I am a Ramón y Cajal researcher at the Department of Mathematics of Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. I work at the UPC research group on Discrete, Combinatorial and Computational Geometry, and I am the head of the UPC group on Computational Geometry and Applications (CGA). I did my PhD at Utrecht University, under the supervision of Marc van Kreveld. Before going to Utrecht for my PhD, I studied at the Computer Science Department of the Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires.
I work mainly on Computational Geometry, an area between computer science and mathematics concerned with finding efficient algorithms for geometric problems (problems involving geometric objects, such as points, lines, or triangles). I have worked on several different areas of Computational and Combinatorial Geometry, and I am particularly interested in problems that are motivated from Geographic Information Science (GIS). That is, problems originated from GIS applications that can be formulated as geometric problems, and where tools from computational geometry can be applied. I am also interested in Graph Drawing, an area that studies algorithms to compute nice drawings of graphs (nice has to do with the idea of “aesthetically pleasant” drawings); it is a very interesting field related to information visualization, computational geometry and graph theory, among others.
For more information about my research, see my publications page.
Organization of events
- Graph Drawing 2018, Barcelona, 26-28 September, 2018.
- Intensive Research Program on Discrete, Combinatorial and Computational Geometry, Bellaterra (Barcelona), April 16 – June 8, 2018.
- 32nd Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG 2020).
- PC chair for XVIII Spanish Meeting on Computational Geometry (XVIII EGC).
- 35th European Workshop on Computational Geometry (EuroCG 2019).
- 13th Latin American Theoretical INformatics Symposium (LATIN 2018).
- 33rd International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG), part of the Computational Geometry Week 2017.
- 26th International Computational Geometry Multimedia Exposition (CG:MME), part of the Computational Geometry Week 2017.
- XVII Spanish Meeting on Computational Geometry (XVII EGC).
- 28th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG 2016).
- 32nd European Workshop on Computational Geometry (EuroCG 2016).
- PC chair for 4th Computational Geometry Young Researchers Forum (CG:YRF), part of the Computational Geometry Week 2015.
- 2nd Young Researcher Workshop on Automata, Languages and Programming, part of ICALP 2015.
- XVI Spanish Meeting on Computational Geometry (XVI EGC).
- 3rd Computational Geometry Young Researchers Forum (CG:YRF), part of the Computational Geometry Week 2014.
- 11th Latin American Theoretical INformatics Symposium (LATIN 2014).
- 30th European Workshop on Computational Geometry (EuroCG 2014).
- 10th Latin American Theoretical INformatics Symposium (LATIN 2012).
Departament de Matemàtiques
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)
Edifici Omega (office 422), Campus Nord
Jordi Girona, 1-3
Directions to my office can be found here.
Telephone: +34 93 41 37704
Fax: + 34 93 41 37701